CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
(1 piece feeds 1 person)
1. Brown chicken in ½ stick of butter.
2. Place browned chicken in a single layer in baking dish.
3. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
4. Bake at 350º-375º for 20-25 minutes.
Can be topped with Hollandaise sauce.
Easy Veal Stew With Egg Noodles
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 1/2 to 3 pounds boneless veal stew meat cut into 2-inch cubes
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 10-ounce package frozen, peeled pearl onions
3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 12-ounce package medium width egg noodles
In a 4-quart Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
Cook the veal in batches, lightly browning each piece on both sides. Remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Add more oil to the skillet between batches if necessary. Sprinkle the veal with the flour and toss until well-coated.
Add the onions, carrots, tomatoes with juice, chicken broth, oregano, salt, pepper and lemon zest to the pot and stir to combine. Return the veal to the pot and stir well.
Bring the stew to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, or until the meat is tender.
Stir in the lemon juice and parsley. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes more, or until heated through.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook according to the package directions. Drain well. Serve the stew over the egg noodles.
Grilled Ribeye Steak with Herbed Steak Butter
4 (10 ounce) Certified Angus Beef ribeye steaks
1/2 pound unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon finely chopped shallots
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Thoroughly combine softened butter with garlic, salt, pepper, shallots, parsley, sage and rosemary. Roll with plastic wrap into a log shope 1 inch in diameter; refrigerate 2 hours or until butter is solid (Note: Recipe will yield 16 butter servings; reserve 12 for later use.)
2. Season ribeye steaks with salt and pepper. Grill to desired doneness. Cut butter into 1/4 inch slices and serve over steaks.
Beer Can Chicken
"This is a deliciously moist chicken recipe. It's perfect for a BBQ on a hot summer day!"
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons paprika
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
1 (3 pound) whole chicken
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Mix the brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, dry mustard, salt, and ground black pepper in a small bowl. Place the half-full can of beer in the center of a plate.
Rinse chicken under cold running water. Discard giblets and neck from chicken; drain and pat dry. Fit whole chicken over the can of beer with the legs on the bottom; keep upright. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the seasoning mix into the top cavity of the chicken. The beer may foam up when the seasonings fall inside the can. Rub the remaining seasoning mix over the entire surface of the chicken.
Place the chicken, standing on the can, directly on the preheated grill. Close the lid and barbeque the chicken until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 hour 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove the chicken from the grill and discard the beer can. Cover the chicken with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area for 10 minutes before slicing.
1. Preheat oven to 500°F
2. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper or Sussex Meat Prime Rib Rub
3. Insert meat thermometer
4. Sear roast for 20 min. Then drop to 350° for 18 – 20 mins. per lb.
5. Internal Temp 140° medium rare, 160° medium – medium well
6. Remove meat from pan, and cover with foil. Allow to sit for 15 mins.
7. Carve and Serve
4 lb. well trimmed beef tenderloin roast
2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp. Dried Italian seasoning
½ tsp cracked black pepper
1. Heat oven to 425º combine seasoning ingredients, press evenly onto roast. Place on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer so bulb is centered in the thickest part. Do not add water or cover. Roast approximately 45-50 min. for medium-rare to medium doneness.
2. Remove roast when meat thermometer registrars 140º for medium-rare, 155-167 for medium, sprinkle cheese over top. Let stand 15 min. (Temp. will continue to rise to 145-167 for medium-rare, 160º for medium)
3. Carve roast into slices; season with salt, as desired 8-10 servings.
Filet Mignon Roast
Preheat oven to 425ºF
Season if desired with pepper or dry rub
Sear the filet mignon in butter on the stove.
Transfer to oven and cook at 425ºF for 10 min.
Then turn oven to 350ºF and continue cooking until thermometer reads 135ºF for rare, 140ºF for medium rare, or 155ºF for medium.
Let stand 15 min. (temperature will continue to rise after removed) and then carve.
Marinated Flank Steak
½ cup vegetable oil 1/3 cup soy sauce
¼ cup red wine vinegar 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Sauce ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced 1 ½ pounds Flank Steak
1. In a medium bowl, mix the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, Worchestershire sauce, mustard, garlic and ground black pepper. Place meat in a shallow glass dish. Pour marinade over the steak, turning meat to coat thoroughly. Cover, and refrigerate for 6 hours.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
3. Oil the grill grate. Place steaks on the grill, and discard the marinade. Grill meat for 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
Oven BBQ Beef Brisket
2 ½ lb Beef Brisket 1 (1oz.) package dry onion soup mix
1 (12 fluid oz.) can or bottle cola- 1 (12 oz.) can or bottle chili sauce
flavored carbonated beverage or use ½ ketchup and ½ BBQ sauce instead of chili sauce
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a roasting pan, place brisket fat side up. In a small bowl, combine cola beverage, onion soup mix, and chili sauce. Pour chili sauce mixture over brisket.
3. Cover, and bake in preheated oven for 3 to 4 hours. Uncover the brisket during the last hour of cooking.
FOOL PROOF BABY BACK RIBS
Serves 4 adults
2 tablespoons kosher salt 2 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons chili powder 1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon ground oregano 1 tablespoon dried thyme
2 full racks (4 half racks) baby back ribs
1. Combine spices in a bowl, and rub on the ribs.
2. Refrigerate ribs for 1 hour
3. Place ribs on cookie sheet, and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Roast at 250º for 2 hours.
4. If desired to use sauce, place ribs on grill with sauce for 15 additional minutes.
STUFFED PORK CHOPS
(1 chop per person)
1. In a baking dish lay the pork chops flat, in a single layer.
2. Spray with olive oil or butter. Cover.
2.Bake at 350º for 45-50 minutes. Uncover for 5-10 minutes to brown.
1. Lay stuffed pork chops in a single layer in a baking dish.
2. Drape 2 -3 slices of bacon over the chops.
3. Bake at 350º for 50-60 minutes UNCOVERED.
STUFFED PORK ROAST
Preheat oven at 350º
Put roast in baking dish (rack optional), add vegetable broth to be about ½” full. Roast at 350° about 25 min. per lb.
Optional: Cover top with slices of either swiss or provolone cheese or rub some olive oil if needed. Can also baste with broth during cooking.
Pork needs to be 165° - 170°
Stuffed Chicken Breast
(1 breast per person)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place chicken in single layer in baking dish. Do not crowd.
3. Moisten chicken with oil, butter, cooking spray, or Ialian dressing
4. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired
5. Cover & bake 50 - 60 minutes
6. Uncover and sprinkle shredded mozzarella over top and bake an additional 5 - 10 minutes
or cut into serving slices and sprinkle shredded mozzarella on seach piece and finish baking
(approximately 1 pound per person)
1. Preheat at 425 degrees
2. Place wings in a single layer on a baking pan or nonstick cookie sheet
3. Bake for 40-minutes (turn wings over half way though baking)
4. For crisper wings flip and cook 20 min. longer
SHORT RIBS OF BEEF
6 or 7 short ribs of beef 1 - Small chopped onion
1 - 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes 2 - Tablespoons horseradish
1 - Cup beef broth ½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup red wine ½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground ginger
Mix all ingredients in crock-pot, place ribs in mix, cover ribs with mix (add more beef broth if needed). Cook 8 to 10 hours on low. Serve over noodles or rice.
BEEF ROASTING TIMETABLE
Any roast tastes great with any of our SMP rubs. All cooking times are based on meat being completely thawed. Allow roast to stand 10-15 minutes before carving.